This is a complete kit to replace literally every bulb in your DeLorean with a modern, bright, low power, low heat LED bulb. Months of testing and research has gone into creating this kit, which is a one-of-a-kind complete set using only the best, brightest and most suitable bulbs for the application. All items are available seperately, just change the quantities of the items you don't need before pressing the "buy now" button. Everything in the picture is pre-selected, and includes other parts commonly replaced at the same time as these bulbs. Please note that most LED bulbs only work one way around - If it doesn't work the first time then insert the bulb the other way.
The kit includes:
(3) SP10305A Ultra bright bulb used for the engine bay light and the two interior lights. You could also use 2 more of these for the numberplate lights if you want them brighter than stock.
(1) C008 Tail light harness connectors (PAIR). Not required if you are taking this opportunity to do the popular fog light mod that retains the normal 4 brake light functionality
as it comes with these anyway. This is also a good time to install the very easy-to-install DReverse™ Invisible Reverse Parking Sensor System
(1) 101488 Tail Light Boards (PAIR) - also available in singles.
(2) 100438 Number Plate Light Lens Assembly.
(2) SP10305 Licence Plate LED Bulb - Standard brightness - as above you could replace these with the brighter versions, or you could also use these for all 5 bulbs of this type if you don't like it too bright.
(8) SP10077A LED bulb used for all of the rear lights except the middle marker. Brighter than OEM. You must replace the flasher relay unit when replacing the indicators (see below). You could actually replace all 10 with these but the stock appearance is for the middle lights to be a bit dimmer, hence the below 2 bulbs.
(2) SP10076A Red LED bulb for the middle marker light in the tail light clusters.
(1) K108138 Side Marker Gasket KIT - also available in singles.
(4) 106429 Marker Light Socket.
(2) SP11306R Red LED Side Marker Bulb.
(2) SP11306A Amber LED Side Indicator / Marker Bulb. You must replace the flasher relay unit when replacing the indicators (see below).
(2) SP10302R - Super bright red modern COB LED bulb for the door lights, brighter than OEM, the same beam pattern as OEM, but only 0.36 watts (compared to the 5 watt originals). This is the same part number as one of the dash lights.
(4) SP10302Y - Super bright amber modern COB LED bulb for the door lights, brighter than OEM, the same beam pattern as OEM, but only 0.36 watts (compared to the 5 watt originals) This is the same part number as one of the dash lights. Alternatively the old version is available instead as a kit of 6
(2) 100540 Interior Light unit (see above for the bulbs used in these).
(1) 108288 Cigar Lighter Complete with Illuminated Ring.
(1) SP10301A Cigar Lighter LED bulb for above.
(2) SP10301 Headlight / Hazard Switch LED Bulb.
(8) SP10307 A/C Panel / Centre Console / Auto Shifter LED bulb. 7 used on the AC panel area, 1 used for the auto shifter plate (change quantity for manual cars).
(1) 101216A Glove Box LED bulb - check this product's own page for reassembly instructions.
(5) SP10302W Instrument Cluster Illumination LED Bulb - bear in mind you will lose the dimming functionality unless you replace the rheostat with a PWM dimmer. Alternatively replace with 5 x SP10302C "cool white" versions of these bulbs for a pure white colour. This is a good time to think about replacing the 35+ year old binnacle printed circuit with a brand new one.
(5) SP10302R Instrument Cluster LED bulb - Red.
(3) SP10302G Instrument Cluster LED bulb - Green.
(1) SP10302B Instrument Cluster LED bulb - Blue.
(1) SP10302Y Instrument Cluster LED bulb - Orange.
(1) SP10302 Instrument Panel Bulb - incandescent bulb used for the battery light - you can't replace this with a LED bulb.
(1) 100708 Hazard / Flasher Relay (LED compatible) - required in order to make the new LEDs flash correctly. Located in the footwell.
(4) 101315 Hella Headlight for UK and other countries that drive on the left only. Many people just replace the outer light with these when importing a car into the UK, but for lens/bulb consistency you can replace all 4 and tape over the sidelight hole (or wire up 2 more sidelights).
(4) 111315A High Intensity Headlight Bulb - has a cool white almost Xenon colour (road legal). Alternatively use 4 x 111315 standard H4 Headlight Bulb.
(2) 111316 Side Light Bulb Holder - makes life easier when installing Hella headlights for the first time as you don't need to drill a sidelight hole.
(2) SP10303 Ultra Bright Warm White LED Bulb for the above side light holder. Alternatively choose cool white colour (2 x SP10303A) which may be perceived as "too" white by some MOT testers.
If you already have headlights with a sidelight holder drilled in then instead you will probably want 2 x SP10306W Warm White LED Bulb for Hella side lights - or 2 x SP10306C for the cool white version.
(4) C001 Headlight Connector.
(2) SP10065A Amber LED Front Indicator Bulb. You must replace the flasher relay unit when replacing the indicators (see above).
(1) SP10304A Courtesy LED Bulb (Luggage Compartment). Very bright replacement!
(1) K100791 Exterior Screw Kit , which contains:
- (12) 106272 Black Stainless Rear Tail Light Screw
- (4) 108938 Black Stainless License Plate Bezel Screw
- (4) SP10193 Black Stainless License Plate Light Screw
- (8) SP10114 Black Stainless Side Marker Screw
- (16) SP10080 Black Stainless Headlight Screw
- (2) SP10066 Black Stainless Front Indicator Small (outer) Screw
- (2) SP10067 Black Stainless Front Indicator Large (inner) Screw
In most cases some minor modifications/filing will be needed to the headlight buckets to fit the Hella headlight, and some wiring modifications may need to be made to use these correctly - click here for more details
It is also recommended to change fuse 14 to a 25A fuse
, and fuse 15 to a 30A fuse
to reduce heat. Click here for more details about the fuse/relay compartment